Tips To Remain Motivated During Quarantine.
This global crisis is crazy.
I am trying my hardest to remain hopeful and positive but some days my mood just dwindles.
I am pretty sure that I have mentioned that I am a homebody.
I only like to go out if its essential; university, gym, grocery shopping, meeting my friends. Unless I have things to do, I will remain in my house every single day.
But now that we are forced to stay at home, it is starting to bother me honestly.
Although things could be much worse, I want to make sure that I use this time wisely.
We have so many things to be grateful for, healthcare, a roof over our head, access to food... I could go on.
If you are like me; becoming a bit stressed and unmotivated, here are some tips to lift up your spirits.
1. Think about new opportunities I will be graduating from university this year. I am thinking of different job, placement and volunteering opportunities that I would need to complete to sustain my future career.
2. Read a book Books are a good distraction and should be utilized. I am currently reading You Are A Badass. Yes, I will do a book review once I finish it! I love reading self-care books because they usually include tips/homework to constantly work on in order to become the best version of yourself.
3. Watch something funny The internet can be a weird place but it can also be a source of joy. When I feel sad, I usually watch a funny YouTube video or a movie. They tend to lift my mood and I feel much better after.
4. Journal I can imagine that you have watched countless documentaries and movies on Netflix but have you focused on you? It is time to focus inward and work on things that you may have been putting off for a while. Using this quiet time has made me realize that I really miss going to counseling. Counselling has really helped me in many ways and when I can, I am going to make it a priority in my life.
5. Reach out to loved ones We are all going through this together! You may feel alone but there may be others in your shoes! Talk to your friends, check on your family to make sure that they are coping with the current pandemic.
6. Love on yourself I want everyone reading this to ensure that they speak kindly of themselves. They are many positive affirmations that you could incorporate into your daily routine. Every time you look in the mirror, say something nice about yourself. You need some TLC too.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I hope you all are safe and well.
We are in this together. This too shall pass.